- Review your deductibles. According to the Insurance Information Institute, raising your deductible to $2,500 could reduce your Collision and Comprehensive costs by 15 to 20 percent.
- Look for discounts. There are many different discounts offered by insurance companies. These include multi-policy, good student, and more.
- The kind of RV, boat or motorcycle you own can have an impact on the insurance costs. Do some research about the RV, before you buy it.
- Is your coverage appropriate based on the type of RV you have? If you have an older RV it may benefit you to consider raising your collision deductibles.
- Get your policy up to date. Have you experienced changes like a new address, divorce or marriage? Call us for a policy review.
Texas RV insurance If you are interested in purchasing a motorhome, there are several things you should consider. There are so many styles, brands, and sizes of motorhomes on the market that it can make shopping for one overwhelming. People with different needs will require different types of motorhomes. First, you should select from motorhomes that satisfy your size and inside amenities requirements. Only look at motorhomes that are designed to accommodate the number of people you wish to sleep. You should also make sure that the motorhome you are considering satisfies your technical requirements. Decide if you want a motorhome with automatic or five speed manual transmission. Different motorhomes will have different engines and different fuel requirements (diesel or unleaded fuel). A very important characteristic of motorhomes is the fuel consumption. You will spend a lot of time on the road, and with the rising oil prices, fuel consumption is something to consider. Different motorhomes will also have different inside amenities and equipment. There are several items you might want to consider including in your motorhome. For example, many motorhomes can include such amenities as a chemical toilet with flushing capabilities, shower (may use cold and even hot pressurized water), tanks for holding fresh water and waste water, air conditioner (particularly important if you live in states with hot weather) and even a hot water system (heated with gas). RV Insurance Rates RV insurance rates differ from company to company, so it really pays to have us shop your insurance. Some markets offer better rates for trucks, RV’s, and campers, while others can offer better rates for motorcycles. RV Premium Savings There are many things you can do to keep your auto insurance rates at the lowest level possible.