Commercial Auto Insurance
If you own a business of any size and have vehicles, you need commercial auto insurance.
Many small business owners often will attempt to insure a vehicle owned by the business under a personal auto policy. The reason this is not effective is that personal auto policies will exclude business operations.
Reasons to Consider Commercial Auto Insurance
What Can Commercial Auto Cover?
- If the vehicle is owned by the business it may not be covered under a personal auto policy.
- If your business has employees who drive, you need a commercial auto policy.
- Vehicles that weigh over 10,000 lbs, and are used for business purposes must be covered by a commercial auto policy.
- If you are in the taxi cab or delivery business, commercial auto insurance can cover damage to persons or property; a personal insurance will not.
All Commercial Auto Insurance Is Not Created Equal.
- Comprehensive and Collision
- Emergency Roadside Assistance
- Medical Payments
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motor Vehicle
It is important to speak with an insurance agent who can custom tailor a commercial auto policy that will best suit your company’s needs. Minimum commercial auto insurance coverage may not fully cover you in the case of a serious accident, which is why it’s often a good idea to consider purchasing more than is required.
At J.S. Edwards & Sherlock Insurance Agency, we understand how important commercial auto insurance coverage is for any company that utilizes vehicles to take care of business responsibilities. The right insurance policy could potentially save your company thousands of dollars in the event of driver error that leads to an accident or injury. That is why we strive to make commercial auto insurance affordable and accessible for businesses of all types and sizes.