Business Insurance Update
Most every business in owns business property,
which may include the building in which you run your operations. Property insurance protects the physical assets your business owns – such as computers, office equipment, buildings, furniture, fixtures, and other property. Every business should have a comprehensive property insurance portfolio to respond to the many risks associated with property ownership.
We hope to help you indemnify a proactive plan in the event of a fire, theft, storm, or some other kind of damage that might involve your business insurance policy. There are a number of actions you can do to help get the best possible settlement from the insurance company.
During The Loss
- Maintain vital records
- Have photos of all buildings, major equipment, etc
- Blueprints- keep complete sets
- Keep at least 5 to 10 years of financial records
- Appoint key individuals as communicators
- Have emergency response plan
- Secondary locations identified
- Notify the insurer
- Protect the property
- Track claim costs
- Separate budget line items
- Keep records of all internal and external costs
- Make temporary repairs
- If you hire contractors or consultants you might want to get the insurers approval, if you want the costs covered under insurance
- Meet regularly with the agent and Insurer
- List and address key issues and concerns
- Note any changes from original design
- Will you rebuild or not?
- What might cause delays?
We are prepared to help you manage all your business
risks. No matter how well your business might be doing, disaster can strike and turn your streak of good luck into quagmire of misery and frustration. J.S. Edwards & Sherlock Insurance Agency offers a variety of business insurance policies to protect your business as well as your peace of mind. No matter how small or large, new or longstanding your business is, you never know what the next day will bring or how much it might cost.