The CIOVID-19 pandemic has affected businesses operate in a significant way. Many businesses are requiring people to work remotely. Employers are now finding that having employees work remotely is the new normal.
COVID-19 has forced commercial businesses to become more dependent on the internet. This new normal now requires special procedure and policies to protect your organization, its data, and network. When workers feel secure, you can nurture productivity and enhance collaboration.
- Verify the source of the email by checking the ‘From’ field to validate the sender. Phishing emails will appear to send you an email from a trusted source but in reality, they are spoofing the “from” address.
- Make sure employees never use unsecured or public networks.
- Install the latest cyber security programs.
- Pay very close attention to the domain name of the websites you visit or that are revealed in embedded links in communications you receive.
- Never open email attachments that end with: .exe, .scr, .bat, .com or other executable files you do not recognize.
- Don’t click embedded links in messages without hovering your mouse over them first to check the URL and verify the domain is safe/secure.
- Do not respond or reply to spam in any way. Delete the message and then delete it again from your deleted folder.
The right combination of tools and human insight would prevent catastrophic results. These tools don’t need to be sophisticated to analyze valuable data.
We can provide your firm with the right combination of pricing and coverage. Cyber risk insurance is available at very reasonable premiums. Many of our companies offer coverage to help protect your business from loss.
When you enlist our Certified Risk Architects experts, they’ll work directly with your in-house staff and leaders on a variety of areas, such as:
- Risk management: Our risk management services will help you identify potential risk areas so that you can then create contingency plans to prevent or overcome them. We can also create retention, deductible and self-funded programs.
- Claims management: Our claims management services are designed to help you efficient process and manage claims and to detect areas where costs can be reduced.
- Insurance management and bidding: Our insurance management and bidding services are designed to assist you with the public bidding of various types of business insurance, such as property, workers compensation, fire, fleet and errors and omissions. We can also aid you in reviewing bids, coverage, policy costs and coverage specifications.
- Safety management and loss control: Our safety management and loss control services help you improve safety at your worksite while also avoiding or reducing financial losses.
If you feel your organization’s possible risks are well-managed, J.S. Edwards & Sherlock Insurance Agency can help make sure it stays that way through our expert consulting services. Keeping your risks well-managed won’t do you much good if your organization isn’t fulfilling its potential. Give us the chance to show you the endless possibilities just waiting to be taken advantage of.
Contact Us Today
For more information about our risk management or consulting services, or if you’re ready to get started with either, call a representative today at 409-832-7736. J.S. Edwards & Sherlock Insurance Agency is committed to providing you with a high quality consulting and risk management experience to aid you in keeping your overall costs and incident occurrences down.