There is no question Texas has been hit hard by Harvey. We are working hard to make sure all insurance claims are settled fairly and quickly. While many work to recover, it is a good reminder to consider flood and wind insurance.
Wind insurance is designed for those who live in coastal areas. Wind insurance
may cover damages from hurricane-force winds, tornados, hail, and other weather events that are accompanied by wind gusts that exceed 35 miles per hour.
Flood damage is excluded under all homeowner’s policies.
We can obtain coverage for you through the National Flood Insurance Program
Disaster Preparation Tips
A basic emergency kit should include the following:
- Create a personal backpack for each family member
- Develop an evacuation route in advance
- Have a pre-determined meeting place if separated from family
- Think about what your pet’s needs may be
- Would you need to build a shelter? Having plastic sheeting might help
- Three-day supply of food and water
- Sanitation and personal hygiene items
- Basic tools
- Solar power source for smart phone
- Dust masks for every family member
- First aid kit
J.S. Edwards & Sherlock Insurance Agency enjoys a rich heritage dating back over 100 years proudly servicing all of Southeast Texas. A combination of two family-owned agencies built on the values of their founders, the firm is now one of Texas’ leading Independent Insurance Agencies. With offices in Beaumont and Houston J.S. Edwards & Sherlock Insurance Agency offers everything from Commercial Insurance and Personal Lines Coverages to Workers Compensation Plans and Life, Health and Employee Benefits