- Leaks around windows. Make sure you caulk around your windows to insure a proper seal.
- Fires caused by over-used electric outlets. Avoid overloading outlets with adapters and too many appliance plugs. See more here
- Water leaks in the kitchen and bath. Water damage can cost thousands and can be prevented by checking caulk around tubs and sinks.
- Overflowing gutters. Check your gutters on a regular basis. Keeping them clean will prevent water backups.
- Kitchen fires. Never put out a grease fire with water, use a fire extinguisher.
- Roof leaks. Water damage from roof leaks is one of the most common forms of home damage. Check your roof annually, remove moss and repair damage.
- Never leave your doors unlocked—ever. When you go on vacation leave lights on and do not post pictures on social media until you return.
- Falling trees. Make sure any trees around your home are trimmed and healthy.
A Homeowners Insurance Update We have just witnessed the horrific damage of hurricane Harvey. Many homeowners insurance policies have responded to the damages and people are in the process of recovering. However, aside from natural disasters, did you know that most home-related claims are preventable? If you own a home or rent, you need the right kind of homeowners or renters insurance. Homeowners insurance is needed to protect yourself, your family, and your property from loss and/or damage. We can provide you with many homeowners or renters insurance options. Let us do the shopping for you. Preventable Homeowners claims