Texas Flood Insurance
Flooding is one of the most common kinds of damage a homeowner may face. Even if you don’t live in a flood zone, you may be exposed to possible flooding. A standard homeowner’s insurance policy does not cover damage due to flooding. You need a special flood policy for that. We can provide you with a quote for your flood insurance
, simply call our office.
Remember these about flood insurance
- You don’t have to live in a floodplain to get a flood policy.
- Flood insurance does not cover everything.
- Not all water damage is considered a flood.
Safety Tips During A Flood
- Go to higher ground if possible and avoid areas subject to flooding.
- Do not attempt to walk or drive through flowing streams or flooded roadways.
- Listen to the direction of local officials and stay updated by following local news reports.
- If you come in contact with floodwaters, wash your hands with soap and disinfected water.
Choosing the right coverage for your home depends on a number of factors. You generally need enough insurance to cover the cost of rebuilding your home and replacing your personal possessions. The homeowner’s policy also provides personal liability insurance to defend you in the event of a lawsuit. At J.S. Edwards & Sherlock, we can help you find a plan that suits your specific needs.
Don’t wait for another second to ensure your home is properly insured. Call us today at 409-832-7736 for more info on your options for personal insurance coverage.