- We can help you purchase flood insurance. Most, if not all, flood policies are issued through the Federal Government.
- Flood insurance covers the direct loss from floods. Water or sewer back up is generally not defined as flooding.
- Flood insurance covers the structure and content of the covered location.
- The most flood insurance coverage you can buy is $250,000 for your home and $100,000 for the contents of the home.
- Businesses can also purchase flood insurance through the Federal program.
Guidelines for Purchasing Flood Insurance Most parts of Texas are subject to flooding. Flooding causes over 10 billion dollars of damage each year. Your homeowners, condominium, or renter’s insurance will not cover flooding losses. Over 20 percent of land is considered part of some flood zone. Even if you do not live in a high flood risk area, you are in some danger of loss from a flood, because 20 percent of all flood claims are filed in low to moderate flood risk areas, according to the Insurance Information Institute.