When was the last time you reviewed your insurance
coverage? The start of a New Year is a great time to review your personal insurance. Most of us know that major life events can make it necessary to update our insurance
coverage. But did you know that even subtle changes can have an impact on your financial needs and plans? Call our office today, and we can help you find the right combination of coverage and price.
Insurance “To Do” List
General or Personal Items
- Review my insurance to make sure I have the right coverage
- Take the time to read my insurance policies
- Does my agent have all my correct information, including new phone number, address, and newly purchased property?
- Make sure I have identity theft insurance
- Do I have enough life insurance?
- Do I need life insurance for my spouse?
- Check my credit score
- Consider increasing my auto deductibles on my older vehicles
- Get a quote for earthquake or flood insurance
- Combine my auto and home insurance to save money
- Complete a home inventory to ensure my property values are correct
- Consider purchasing or increasing my umbrella coverage
- Consider an alarm system
- Clean my gutters
- Have I replaced all the batteries in my smoke detectors?
Have I experienced any of these changes?
- Bought a new car or sold a car
- Changed your marital status
- Bought a boat, RV or ATV
- Change of address
- Started a home business
- Remote working in 2021
- Welcomed a new baby into the family
- Received a major inheritance
- Have a new teen driver in the family
- New purchases of guns, jewelry or art
- Purchased second home
Please call our office today if you need to make any changes in your insurance program. Choosing the right coverage for your home may depend on a number of factors. You generally need enough insurance to cover the cost of rebuilding your home and replacing your personal possessions. The homeowner’s policy also provides liability insurance to defend you in the event of a lawsuit. At J.S. Edwards & Sherlock, we can help you find a plan that suits your specific needs.
Don’t wait for another second to ensure your home is properly insured. Call us today at 409-832-7736 for more info on your options for personal insurance coverage.